Trust portfolios that a) were completed with Legacy outside of the Guru platform and b) require an amendment should be submitted like any new business - through the online interview in the Guru platform. Any interview questions regarding existing trusts apply to any trust created outside of Guru - including old Legacy trusts. Since the Guru platform treats these amendments as new trusts, the amendments generated by the following workflow are in fact amendments in entirety and thus require full notarization.
Note: This workflow only applies to existing Legacy accounts not yet in the online platform. (Trust documents containing QR codes on signature pages are already in the online platform.)
- Schedule an estate planning review appointment with the client.
- (optional) Submit a request with by choosing the topic Data Recap Request (Legacy Only) and include client name and project ID (if available) to request a Data Entry Recap. Legacy respond with a copy of the Data Entry Recap.
- Log into the Legacy 'Guru' Portal and create an account for your client.
- Conduct the Estate Planning review using the online platform to make the necessary changes with your client. You have the option of entering the data before or after the appointment until you become comfortable using the platform in front of your client. (see also: Condensed Paper Intake Form)
- Secure approval of data entered online via electronic approval or signed copy of newly-generated response summary.
- Log back into the Guru online platform and continue to ensure documents are approved and generated.
- Use the Legacy Shopping Cart to order the amendment.
- You're done! Legacy prepares and ships new documents - an amendment in entirety - which will require a complete notarization. The client should remove and destroy their existing estate planning documents and replace them with the new ones.