Legacy Legal Plan utilizes several web services in order to create estate plans efficiently and with ease. This requires navigating more than one website, which is why the following workflow overview for new estate plans is provided:
- Print and have Membership Agreements ready. Clients must sign this agreement in order to obtain a Legacy legal plan.
- Create an account for the client in the Legacy ‘Guru’ Portal and conduct the estate planning interview. Clients may either: a) log into the Legacy 'Guru' Portal and answer the questions themselves (client-driven), or b) let the advisor take the wheel and assist less tech-savvy clients enter their responses (advisor-driven). IMPORTANT: Don’t forget to have clients sign a Membership Agreement in person!
- Once the client has approved the response summary, navigate to the Legacy Shopping Cart and purchase both a Revocable Living Trust and any necessary deed preparation.
(Note: Deeds are now charged separately - we no longer include deed preparation in the price of the New Portfolio. Legacy no longer imposes an additional charge for long legal descriptions on deeds. Uploading copies of deeds is no longer necessary.)
Websites the advisor will use:
- Estate Plan Support - estateplan.support (step 1)
- Legacy ‘Guru’ Portal - legacylegalplan.estateguru.com (step 2)
- Legacy Shopping Cart - advisors.legacylegalplan.com (step 3)
Legacy also maintains a homepage on legacylegalplan.com that provides basic information to clients about Legacy Legal Plan.
*The new payment system creates shipping labels. As a result, it allows you to automatically track the order online once it is shipped. To make ordering services easy, the billing system permits you to save your shipping information. The documents will be sent to the shipping address you use when you “check out." If the portfolio you are ordering requires a different shipping address (i.e., client is over age 65, etc.), make sure you include the correct address. (Note: Legacy recommends keeping a record of the client's order number so that you know which order & shipment notifications are associated with which clients.)